Honestly, I can’t believe people actually say these things to me! I’m sure they are trying to be nice, but all I hear is “wow, you look humongous and I feel really bad for you.”
1. You haven’t had that baby yet? Obviously not, thanks for pointing it out.
2. I’m so sorry you’re here! or You shouldn’t be here! (Church, aerobics class, etc.) ME TOO! Where exactly should I be? Oh, you mean at the hospital having a baby. I wish.
3. Wow, you must be due any day now! Again, thanks for pointing out the obvious.
4. Have that baby already! As if I could just command myself to do it.
5. You have your own climate! Well, this is sort of true since I am experiencing summer while everyone else is in winter. LOL!
6. I had my baby! (From someone who’s due date is after mine). Ok, I know it’s not their fault, but I really hate it because I feel bad that I can’t bask in their joy while in my misery.
7. Poor thing! Please, I don’t need or want your pity.
8. So, are they ever going to induce you? Believe it or not, some people acutally want to let nature take its course and not subject themselves to the mercy of modern medicine.
9. How are you feeling? This one is hard because I know they are honestly concerned, but I don’t think they really want to know. Don’t even get me started on how I’m feeling!!!
10. Why don’t you tell that baby to come out?? (This is my favorite.) Ok…seriously? As if I could tell him. And even if I could, don’t you think I would have done that over a week ago? Or maybe I just wanted to subject myself to another week of physical and emotional pain and stress. Just for fun.
If you are one of the people who has said one of these things to me, no worries, I don’t hate you. :) I just think it’s funny what people say and wanted to express some of my thoughts about it. If for no other reason than to get a few laughs. And because I’m going crazy trying to think of ways to pass the time until this baby is born.